M.Ed., RCC, PMH-C
Registered Clinical Counsellor
Thursdays AM & PM, Saturdays
Accepting New Clients
- Perinatal anxiety & worry
- Perinatal OCD and intrusive thoughts
- Perinatal depression
- Pregnancy loss
- High functioning anxiety
- Adjusting to motherhood
Also works with
- Depression & low mood
- Fertility challenges
- Grief & loss
- Traumatic birth experiences
- Personal growth
- Boundaries & communication skills
Sara’s clinical focus is on women’s mental health, including: postpartum anxiety & worry, OCD, depression, and grief. She has a particular passion for supporting women during the transition to motherhood, including those experiencing symptoms of Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders (PMADs).
With Sara, you can expect a calm, warm presence, and to be heard without judgment. She is a a collaborative counsellor – believing in the value of working together to connect with internal resources and find a way through obstacles you are facing. Sara empowers her clients to find new ways of making sense of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
Having worked in diverse settings, including non-profits, private practice, and educational settings (primarily post-secondary institutions), Sara brings with her a wealth of knowledge, experience, and clinical intuition.
Sara is a mother of two young children and has the lived experience of the many challenges that women can encounter on the path to motherhood.
Sara holds a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology from the University of British Columbia, and is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). She has also taken advanced training in Perinatal Mental Health through Postpartum Support International.
Select Professional Development & Accreditation
- Not Just the Blues: Perinatal Depression and Anxiety – UBC Continued Professional Development
- Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – Dr. Cassidy Freitas
- Radical Compassion: Awaken Hearts and Bring Healing to Our World – Dr. Tara Brach
- Young Adult Mindfulness and Mental Health Facilitator Training – YMCA of Greater Vancouver
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care – Postpartum Support International
- Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy Training – Postpartum Support International
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss: Effective Strategies to Support Grief and Treat Trauma, Anxiety, and Depression in Bereaved Families – Professional Education Systems Institute
- Member of Postpartum Support International