Jennifer Wright – Clinical Counsellor
Jennifer’s clinical focus is on women’s mental health, including anxiety, trauma, and relationship issues (communication, conflict management, infidelity, and intimacy issues). She has a particular passion for supporting women during life transitions, including changes in careers, relationships, motherhood, and menopause.
Jennifer also has experience working with neurodiversity (adult ADHD/VAST, Highly Sensitive People, among others) and the LGTBQ2 community.
Regardless of what you are going through, with Jennifer, you can expect to be deeply heard and understood. Jennifer empowers her clients to gain awareness and insight into their struggles and feel more confident, lighter, happier, and more fulfilled.
Jennifer describes herself as a compassionate, non-judgmental counsellor, who believes in the value of empathy, resilience, hope, and inner strength. Having worked previously in teaching, Jennifer is skilled at explaining concepts to clients in a way that just makes sense. She also brings with her a wealth of knowledge and clinical experience.
Jennifer holds a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology from Athabasca University and a Bachelor’s Degree from Simon Fraser University. She also completed a year of graduate work in Adult Learning and Global Change at Linköping University in Sweden. Jennifer is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC). She has taken advanced training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing).
Clinical areas of focus: relationships & couples counselling, traumatic events & PTSD (including birth trauma), attachment injuries, anxiety & depression, life transitions, grief & loss.
Approaches & modalities used in counselling:
- Person-Centered Therapy
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- OEI (Observed Experiential Integration)
- EFT (Emotionally-Focused Therapy)
- Developmental Model of Couples Therapy
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
- Narrative Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Jennifer provides virtual counselling for individuals and couples across British Columbia; to book, click here
Or email her directly: email@example.com
Select Professional Development & Accreditation:
- EMDR Basic Training – Marshall Wilensky
- EMDR with Individuals with Affect Dysregulation, Somatic Distress and Attachment Injuries from Early Trauma and Neglect – Dr. Sandra Paulsen
- EMDR for Complex Trauma – EMDRIA & Beyond Healing Centre
- How to Treat High Conflict and Conflict Avoidant Couples – Dr. Ellyn Bader
- EMDR Therapy for Panic Disorder, OCD, and Specific Phobias – Dr. Ad de Jongh & Dr. Suzy Matthijssen
- Re-wiring Internal Working Models of Attachment – Dr. Ron Frederick
- The Science of Female Sexuality – Dr. Stephanie Buehler
- Observed & Experiential Integration Trauma Training Level 1 – Rick Bradshaw & Audrey Cook
- Body Work as a Method of Healing in Counselling Trauma & Chronic Stress Training – Lee Crawford
- DBT for Trauma Treatment – DBT Centre of Vancouver Skills Workshop
- Narrative Therapy Foundations: 3-day Intensive Training – Stephen Madigan